Thursday 28 March 2013

For Inspiration - Orla Kiely

For personal reasons which cannot be mentioned I'm going to have to "eat my foot" as concerns this post. Let it be said this remains a secret between me and the Northern Irish man in question.

I've never been a huge fan of Orla Kiely. It's too simplistic for my taste and I've never liked the solid vector shape with minimal colouring. I think in a similar way to Marimekko with the red Unikko design, the stem design with the orange and green colourings has been so overused. Never the less I've been drawn into this collection, possibly because of the Riviera print (in circles 6 and 7). I find it so tasteful with the adorably tiny shapes and sweet, fresh colours. The big bold planes are also so charming.


Which are your favourites from the new Orla Kiely collection?

0 comments:

Post a Comment